We invite you to the Black Economic Council of Massachusetts (BECMA) Annual Meeting on Wednesday, November 9, 2016 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM. The location has changed from Prince Hall Grand Masonic Lodge to the Media Arts Building at Roxbury Community College located at 1234 Columbus Avenue in Roxbury, MA.
During our Annual Meeting, we will provide an update on our activities over the past year including:
- Founding the Black Economic Council of Massachusetts (BECMA)
- Obtaining non-profit status by the Internal Revenue Service
- Exceeding our annual net asset goals
- Hiring an acting Executive Director
- Recognizing our Members, Sponsors and over 1,000 Supporters
- Moving the agenda/strategy of BECMA forward to achieve our mission to advance the economic well-being of Black businesses, organizations that serve the Black community and Black residents of Massachusetts.
We will also launch “#BUYBLACK as an ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT STRATEGY”.
We know that we can build more economic wealth in the Black community by doing more business with Black owned businesses because Black owned businesses are more likely to hire Black people. Our goal is to build more successful Black owned businesses.
At this meeting, you will receive the BECMA Certified Black Businesses List, which provides information on over 400 Black owned businesses doing business in Massachusetts. We encourage everyone to do more business with these Certified Black Businesses in 2016/17.
We will also provide an opportunity for BECMA members to vote on the proposed slate of our 2016/17 BECMA Board of Directors which is listed below. (If you are a member, you can simply send your vote by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
We hope you will join us for this important meeting!
Acting Executive Director