Small Business Tip: Don't undersell your products and services to drive a high-volume. Price strategically and fairly. More tips.
About BECMA Next Steps>
Welcome to the Black Economic Council of Massachusetts (BECMA) website! We look forward to your support!
The Black Economic Council of Massachusetts is created to support the advancement of the economic well-being of:
Here are some of the statistics that BECMA was created to address:
- Net Asset (avg.): Boston Blacks $700 vs Whites $256,500
- Unbanked: Boston Blacks 27% vs. Whites 8%
- Income Inequality: Boston #1 worst city in the country
- Homeownership: Boston Blacks 31% vs Whites 68%
- Unemployment: Boston Blacks 13% vs Whites 6.2%
- Educational Attainment Stark Differences in Massachusetts
- Falling Number of Top Black Businesses in Massachusetts
- Boston Builders Are Missing Their Diversity Targets
- Boston CDC’s role in Black Economic Development
Black economic development will require immediate and long term community action, leadership and outside-the-box solutions. We know that there are many people, both within and outside the Black community, who are ready to join us and committed to roll up their sleeves and get to work. This effort will require all of us.
Join, volunteer and donate to the Black Economic Council of Massachusetts today!